Delarof Harbor, Unga Island

Delarof Harbor, Unga Island

Unga is an abandoned village on Delarof Harbor, on the southeast coast of Unga Island in the Shumagin Islands, about 73 miles (118 km) southwest of Perryville and 9.5 miles (15 km) south of Sand Point, Alaska. Unga was first settled by Aleut people in 1833 as a fur...
Marys Slough, Unalakleet

Marys Slough, Unalakleet

Marys Slough is a river channel at the mouth of the Unalakleet River on Norton Sound, about 46 miles (74 km) northeast of Saint Michaels and 1.1 miles (1.8 km) south-southeast of Unalakleet, Alaska. The local name is for Sinrock Mary, an IƱupiat woman famed for her...
Goodnews, Goodnews Bay

Goodnews, Goodnews Bay

Goodnews is a Yup’ik village at the head of Goodnews Bay, at the mouth of the Goodnews River, about 117 miles (189 km) south of Bethel and 12 miles (19 km) northeast of Platinum, Alaska. The Yup’ik name for the village is Mamterat. A post office called...