Cape Spencer Light, Cross Sound

Cape Spencer Light, Cross Sound

Cape Spencer Light is on an island near the entrance to Dicks Arms on the north shore of Cross Sound, about 45 miles (73 km) northwest of Hoonah and 37 miles (60 km) southwest of Gustavus, Alaska. The cape was named in 1794 by Captain George Vancouver of the Royal...
McIver Bight, Unalaska Island

McIver Bight, Unalaska Island

McIver Bight is a cove on the southwestern coast of Unalaska Island, 825 miles (1,330 km) southwest of Anchorage and 38 miles (62 km) southwest of Dutch Harbor, Alaska. The local name was first published in the 1944 Aleutian Coast Pilot. McIver Bight forms the...
Brevig Mission, Port Clarence

Brevig Mission, Port Clarence

Brevig Mission is an Iñupiat village located on Brevig Lagoon, on the north shore of Port Clarence, about 151 miles (244 km) southwest of Kotzebue and 81 miles (130 km) northwest of Nome, Alaska. Brevig Lagoon was probably named after Reverend T.L. Brevig, a teacher...
Cape Saint Elias, Kayak Island

Cape Saint Elias, Kayak Island

Cape Saint Elias is a prominent headland on the southwest end of Kayak Island, 207 miles (334 km) southeast of Anchorage and 62 miles (100 km) southeast of Cordova, Alaska. The headland was named by Vitus Bering on July 20, 1741, the day of Saint Elias. Kayak Island...
error: Content is protected !!