Butedale is an abandoned salmon cannery located along the Inside Passage to Alaska on the northeast side of Princess Royal Island and on the southern shore of Fraser Reach, part of Princess Royal Channel, about 103 miles (166 km) southeast of Prince Rupert and 59 miles (95 km) south of Kitimat, British Columbia. The site now consists of deteriorating buildings and wharves.
In 1918, it was the northernmost salmon cannery in British Columbia established by Western Packers which was later purchased and operated by the Canadian Fishing Company. The peak summertime population was over 400 people until it ceased operating in the 1950s. There is a small dam behind the town which still generates hydropower from Butedale Lake, and the impressive Butedale Falls flows out of the lake into the ocean immediately to the right of the wharves.